Saturday, December 10, 2011

Video Project

I'm up and rolling on YouTube! Check it out:


This video is an example of something I would have students do, so they can explore a topic on their own and have a fun time putting together a video.


What specific lessons or activities would be enhanced by using these technologies? How would you implement them?

Now that I have movie making skills, I can do demos and create instructional videos for my classes. These will be really useful when I'm in charge of online classes as well as my face-to-face classes. Some demos/experiments will just take too long or are too dangerous for the classroom, so by making videos I can allow students to still have the experience without the inefficiency/danger.

By having students make videos I can expose their tech smarts. They are already much more skilled than I am as far as technology goes, so they would do well with this kind of assignment. Students also are engaged more when things are hands-on, so more content material will get through to students this way.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the way you did you text! It's easier to read and it's very aesthetic! I also like your choice of music. It's very etherial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I really enjoyed the interviews. It was interesting to see how the people being interviewed saw there interaction in the ecosystem. The only thing that I saw that stood out to me that could have been changed was the text color in the beginning. It seemed to blend in to the background too much for me.

    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tori this video is well put together and very artistic! I like that you did interviews to prove your point! Great job! The only thing I would suggest is maybe slow down the text for the definition of ecosystem and the statistic on the amount of water that is used. You did great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love this example video. I also like how college kids can sometimes sound like high school kids when you put a camera in front of them. . . there is something about a camera, am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice video Tori! Pretty funny too. ("I swim in the ocean sometimes..." hehe) I like how professional and interesting your transitions are too.

    The only thing I'd change is how fast some of the text is, such as the water fact and the credits. I couldn't read them.

    But yeah. great video! hope you are enjoying being home! <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete