Friday, December 16, 2011

Internet Safety Chat

I discussed internet safety with my sister (age 33) who had a 12-year old daughter, and 2 younger sons. Her daughter recently just got an Ipod Touch, so internet safety was a great thing to discuss!

I shared with her this site: http://www.ikeepsafe.org/. She can go here to get the latest and keep all these Internet issues in mind.

Our discussion went well. She already knew a lot, but still learned a few new things. I also shared with her the password tricks we learned in class, and she was appreciative of that knowledge. She wasn't totally on board with the idea of having a family docking station in the parent's bedroom. We are trying to think of another way to monitor her kid's electronic devices.

It was nice to have the opportunity to teach someone about the safety tips I learned--it cemented them more in my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment